Friday, July 10, 2020

Blog's Logo - Reason behind ?

I was working on creating a beautiful and a unique logo for my blog. I always love to play with animated images, making collages out of it, drawing in paint, using the illustrator and so on. I took so much time to do this but i really enjoyed seeing the final image. I am not good at doodle art, so i went with animated images and made collages out of it. 


I have created so many designs (for my personal purposes) , starting from my marriage invitation card, my son's birthday party decorations, our house warming invitation etc.. I never get the satisfaction until i reach that perfection. 


So, initially I decided the theme. I had quite a few points in mind. I did not want to change the picture frequently and that's the reason i mentioned the title as Logo.  Khana Priyam's permanent logo ! The simple idea behind - i wanted to include all the tiny things that i love related to food, the ingredients that create magic, those essentials without which cooking and it's subsidiaries cannot be imagined, etc....


K :


For the letter 'K', i used Nuts (FAT). 


Nuts are good sources of fat, fiber and protein. Most of the fat in nuts is monounsaturated fat, as well as omega-6 and omega-3 polyunsaturated fat. Nuts also pack a number of vitamins and minerals, including magnesium and vitamin E. It goes without saying , nut's sister - dry fruits are equally healthy. I always store nuts and dry fruits in my pantry, include them in chutneys, porridge, etc.. I can never deny the fact that it has little effect on weight. So, i can mention the tamil proverb here : "அளவுக்கு மீறினால் அமிர்தமும் நஞ்சு".  Anything when consumed beyond prescribed quantity, it will become poison.


H :


For the letter 'H', i used Chillies (SPICE).


Chilli (both red and green) is an important ingredient to alter the spice levels. There are numerous varieties of chilli in terms of shape, spice levels and infact the taste. As i already said, i love to play with animated images. I love animated images of mexican chillies. In fact, i have a red and green chilli family magnet from New Mexico (a state known for chillies). I like both the colors and i wanted to include both. So, love for the state and the animations made me chose this image for letter H.  


A :


For the letter 'A', i used Water and Fire (ESSENTIAL).


Can you imagine life without the 5 great elements? I need not mention how important they are in our day to day activities. Water and fire especially, are very important for cooking. The first capital 'A' in khana is made of water and the small 'a', which is common to both khana and priyam is made of fire. I am thankful for using them abundantly in my everyday chores. My blog will definitely give an airy, natural and a pleasant background (air, space and earth) for the readers.


N :


For the letter 'N', i used Nature and Greens (ESSENTIAL).


I love plants and trees, a green atmosphere, even though i have very limited knowledge in gardening. I am on the learning phase now. There are numerous varieties of plants, indoor and outdoor, serving different purposes. They really give me immense positive energy and i am working on filling my house with as many plants as possible. This is a vegetarian blog, supporting nature, greens, organically grown vegetables and fruits. Once again, i am thankful for my everyday food.


P :


For the letter 'P', i used Indian spices and Herbs (AROMA).


The mix of sweet and savory smells, each region of India has its own palette of spices. Most Indian spices are used individually, although in some regions, they are mixed together in different amounts to form other spices. Each spice gives a unique taste to the mix, creating an aroma that makes you salivate. So, Love for my motherland made me chose this for the alphabet P. 


R :


For the letter 'R', i used Hot Beverage (ENERGY).


Obviously, my love for Tea made me chose this. Before starting the design, i decided to provide a space for my favorite tea. The alphabet R will have a hot cup of beverage. My choice is tea. Readers can assume their favorite ones. Every individual will definitely have their own favorite beverage that gives them energy and happiness after drinking.


I :


For the letter 'I', i used Fruits and Vegetables (FIBRE).


Needless to say, i love fruits and vegetables. Can you imagine a kitchen without them ? Please include them in your diet for getting enough vitamins and minerals.


Y :


For the letter ‘y’, i used Chocolate (TASTE). 


Who doesn’t love chocolate? Sometimes, it’s okay to break the rules and become childish? Relishing the childhood memories. My love for chocolate will never fade-away.


M :


For the letter ‘M’, i used Mom Serving Food (LOVE).


Whom you get reminded of when you get hungry? Obviously it’s mom ! Not only she relives you from hunger, the food served is always cooked out of love and affection. All moms are the best. So, my love for her made me chose this design for the letter M.






Please provide your comments in the comment section below (along with your name) about the logo. Feedbacks and suggestions are always welcome.








Happy COOKING .. !

Stay HEALTHY.. !

Enjoy LIFE .. !

6 comments:

Pepper - Cumin Rasam (Milagu - Jeeraga Rasam) !

Pepper - cumin / மிளகு - ஜீரகம் rasam is a quick and tangy South Indian soup made from tamarind, pepper-cumin and garlic. This rasam is good...